I check my facebook way too many times a day.
Remember when the librarian in elementary school taught us how to use card catalogs to find our books? Card catalogs! It's been less than a decade and already the library system and the rest of the modern world have become heavily dependent on the internet.
Hell, the fact that I can meet anyone on campus and 99.9% of the time they would have a facebook is a scary thought.
People who are homophobic annoy me.
I learned "Blackbird" on the guitar. This doesn't mean I am very good at it, it just means I know how to play it. It's been my life's goal to learn that song. I am not quite sure what to do with myself now.
Today, I realized that I am willing to eat a lot of things I would not be willing to eat when I am at home and my mom does all the cooking. My mom is our family vacuum cleaner. She makes odd leftover concoctions. Now, living on my own, shopping, buying, and making my own food, I have to be my own vacuum cleaner.
I wrote most of the last paragraph in past tense, then changed it. (I.e. ...when i WAS at home and my mom DID all the cooking.) Does that suggest that I don't view "home" as "home" anymore?
Yesterday, I had the most intense craving for a tomato-basil salad. It was insanely intense. I couldn't concentrate on the article I was reading for class and I practically salivated all over my keyboard. So I looked up the recipe (there's more to it than tomato and basil) and went to Safeway today because I don't have tomatoes. I had it for dinner and it was AMAZING.
Just in case any of you suffer from chronic tomato-basil cravings, here's the really simple recipe with the most basic "I-am-a-poor-college-student-who-is-hungry-and-lazy" ingredients.
1. Cut up tomatoes, either in slices or apple style. You could chop it finely, but that's just super messy and then you have to do extra cleaning. I chopping up the tomatoes in the bowl I ended up eating from.
2. Remove basil leaves from stem and add in bowl. You could chop that up too but that's just super messy (see above).
3. Mix extra virgin olive oil (EVO, as we who like other people to think we know what we are talking about call it) with a dash of pepper and salt. This is your dressing.
4. Drizzle dressing on tomatoes and basil. Mix with fork that you will later use to eat your dish so you don't have to wash more eating utensils than necessary.
5. Top with grated mozzarella cheese. You can find in it packages at Safeway
6. Saran wrap the bowl, put it in the fridge to chill and marinate and stick a post-it on the bowl addressed to your roommates saying "DO NOT EAT."
7. Honestly, I don't know if marinating did anything. I put mine in the fridge for an hour and couldn't taste the difference between that and just eating it after it's prepared. Maybe I should have added more salt or waited longer. Or maybe I don't have a fine enough palate to tell. So, if you are like me and don't really care, Just skip step 6.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment