I find it interesting how a single action can be interpreted in, for the sake of simplification, two extremely different ways that would put the person in either a positive or negative light.
Some examples.
That kid who asks countless questions in class. Truly interested? Or sucking up?
Person with a Moleskine notebook. Creative? Or Pretentious?
Girl flirting with all the guys at a party. Attention whore? Or lacking self confidence?
Guy making rude comments that aren't funny. Obnoxious? Insecure? Or really bad sense of humor and doesn't know it?
It's not something we think about a lot because sometimes our feelings for something or someone are so strong that we don't see how it can be any other way.
What is equally difficult is analyzing yourself. I mean, fuck. I have a Moleskine notebook. They are seriously overpriced and unnecessary. I know that. Yet I have one. And I love it. Did I get it just to give off the impression of class and creativity, or did I get it because of it's sleek design and that it's nice to have something to carry around and write stuff in?
Shit, is this blog pretentious?! Is it just a venue for me to share my thoughts or do I secretly find them so worthy of world's attention that I am publicly posting it somewhere so anyone and everyone could read it?
I could go on. But I really can't put off studying anymore.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment