I am reading Catch 22.
Which is hilarious by the way. Definitely move it to the top of your summer reading list.
Oh quick shout out to the person I borrowed it from.
I've been carrying it around pretty much everywhere and my purse is a really rough place to be. So the edges are probably a little more frayed...and there might be avocado on it. Sorry! I now put it in an airtight Forever 21 bag to prevent further damages. But if a riot or fire breaks out in my purse and your book is caught in the cross fire, I will buy you a new one and claim nothing happened to it.
There are five bajillion characters in Catch 22. I had to make a character list to keep track of them.
Okay, I have trouble following books with more than 4 characters. It's sad.
I even made a character list for Watchmen.
Anyway, every character in the book has a quirk.
For example, "General P. P. Peckem was a general with whom neatness definitely counted. He was a spry, suave and very precise general who knew the circumference of the equator and always wrote 'enhanced' when he meant 'increased.' He was a prick, and no one knew this better than General Dreedle..."
Son of a Carnie* I want a quirk!
Perhaps I have one but just don't know about it. The thing with quirks is you don't know what you are doing is a quirk unless someone points it out to you.
Unless you develop one knowingly...
"Joanne is a girl who squealed like a dying pig when faced with flying objects. She is a pansy. Everyone knew this and flung random objects at her. It also made tennis a very difficult sport indeed."
In unrelated news, mosquito bit my eyelid. I now look like the unfortunate offspring of a goldfish and whoever is willing to boink a goldfish...or could figure out how to boink a goldfish. I have become the butt sphincter who wears her sunglasses in the underground subway system.
*I have decided to ban all forms of profanity from my blog in light of the fact that I cuss too much. I am hoping this will translate over to real life. Instead of cuss words, I will be using "Son of a ____" and filling in the blank with what I think it would suck to be a son of.
I will probably run out of ideas eventually and come up with other means to express myself.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment