Yeah, fuck that.
I like being stable. Hell, it took me years to reach this level of stability. I was a pretty messed up kid. It still amazes me that my mom was able to put up with it. We aren't good at expressing feelings in my family, but that is one of the many many reasons I send her flowers on Mother's Day.
So for all you unstable folks out there, teeter-tottering through life, here is my little secret to leading a stable lifestyle.
Accept the fact that life is unstable.
Life is doozy. It is a whirlwind of emotions and feelings and thoughts and actions that conflict and clash, and mix and mingle. Life is not black and white. Life has no right answer. There's no cookie cutter "right path."
I realize that this seems like a cop out. In trying to find the answer, my answer is there is none...or many depending on how you look at it. In trying to find the right path, I have realized there are no paths and that I must forge my own. After years of questioning God and His existence, my conclusion is "Eh...maybe He's up there. If, so, Hey God. How's it going? I hope You like me."
But that's how I see things. And it took me the better half my 20 years of existence to see life as wavering nuances of grey or, if you want something more visually stimulating, a chameleon-like spectrum of color.

Courtesy of flickr.
But trust me. Once you accept the fact that life is fickle, you become a much more level-headed person.
On a somewhat related note, when I typed "fickle" just then, an image of a freckly pickle came to mind. I should probably get more sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment