Sunday, July 12, 2009

Patrons

I usually write haikus when I am bored at the museum, but 17 syllables or less would not do this man justice.

The Uptight Father with His Children, Seven and Four

The uptight father with his children, seven and four
And the mother in the back who said one sentence, no more.
Pedantic words spilled forth of color, contrast, and things,
Followed immediately by "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!"

But the toothy grins won't stay on faces seven and four
And the mother will reach a point where she can't take anymore
They will clash, rebel, be labeled as fuck* ups,
She will finally speak out, demand to see the pre-nup.

And the uptight father of children, seven and four,
Will sit at his desk, silenced forevermore.
He will wonder what it is that caused all this mishap.
Perhaps at the museum he should have shut his trap!



On a related side note, one of the kids did end up touching a piece of art. And the mother was carrying around a forbidden water bottle. I let them slide because I felt bad for them. Haha I suck at my job.

*I realize that I banned all forms of profanity from this blog, but "fuck up" is just a much stronger statement than "screw up." So, in the name of novice poetry, please excuse my foul mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment