Monday, January 26, 2009

Irony

First of all, Happy Chinese New Year! May you all prosper from an abundance of red envelops. For all those who aren't Chinese New Year celebrants, haha suckers good luck living off the 20 bucks from your grandma for Christmas.
I know this holiday is about something more than money, but as an ABC, that's the part I am most familiar with. The adults gives us "kids" red envelops with cash in it and there is much joy and celebration. And I put "kids" in quotations marks because it's actually those in the second generation who are not yet married. So this includes my 30-something year old cousin. Along with red envelops, he also gets set up with the daughters of friends and friends of friends and friends of friends of friends.
And my mom asks me why I want to get married before thirty. She's the one who likes to set people up.

Secondly, I talked to my major adviser today. The first thing he said to me is "I really think you should take Biology 1a over the summer."
Of course, I am currently taking 2 Molecular Biology courses to satisfy that Bio prerequisite so I DON'T have to take that class. So now, I have to stay during the summer to take a class I was avoiding in the first place.
I was half laughing half crying on the way home.
The moral of this story is, talk to your adviser as soon and as much as possible.

There is good news though. He magically fit a semester of studying abroad into my tentative schedule AND I can do the double major I wanted. Besides, my mom doesn't want me sitting around the house doing nothing over the summer. I am pretty sure it physically pains her. At least I'd have my hands deep inside rat guts instead. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment