By Golly.
It's only the second week of school and I'm already overwhelmed.
I need a bigger planner.
On Monday, I was able to sit through the entire 1.5 hours of lecture on the theory of Sociology by chugging a cup of coffee beforehand. The first thing I did when I got home was ordered a coffeemaker online. It may be placebo effect, but I'll take it.
I have an interview for a research study next week. From experience, I have found that I may look good on paper, but in person, not so much. I get nervous and jittery, I ramble, I am bad with eye contact, I end answers with "so..yeah..." the list goes on.
I spent a good 2 hours looking up youtube videos on interview tips. It was quite painful because it brought to light all the things I did wrong in past interviews.
Like the question, "Tell me about yourself." What they want to know is how you fit in a work environment, past experiences that will benefit the company or group, and a brief summary of your qualifications and strengths. The recommended response time is 2-3 minutes.
In my last interview, I told the interviewer where I was from, my school year, my major, briefly explained why I chose that major, then ended with, "uuuhhhhhhhhhhh...so yeah...."
I friggin' hate interviews.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH MY GOSH ME TOO. I look fantabulous on paper so I always get to finalist stages of things, and then I bomb the interview and walk away with nothing. So saaaddd....
ReplyDelete(and you would think with so much speech/debate experience it would be better?! not so.)